Thursday, October 14, 2010

September 11, 2009: Life Changing Day

I have finally drifted onto “my space” and I mean me and my mind working together in silence, travelling back through time and picking up bits and pieces of breadcrumbs (not for solving crimes, this ain’t CSI!) that can feed my mind.







12 months and 27 days ago in Amari Coral Beach Resort wharf in Phuket, Thailand. I was asked a life changing question which I suppose there should be 2 choices for an answer, a YES and a NO where the former awaits a happy ever-after while the latter will devastate not only me and Eric but the people who knew us as well.

Anyway, back to The Question -- there has been only one answer for me.



Just Y-E-S...



It was not like in the movies where everything was all perfect -- zoom-in-slow-mo shot-like moment where the guy have John Cusack’s perfect soft spoken voice as he is uttering his proposal speech that melted the girl’s heart and got her all choked up while cupping her nose and mouth, then she finally says yes in tears as the guy slips the ring on her finger and then another staring-onto-each-other’s-eye-moment where the world stopped revolving while slow melancholic music starts playing. Nope! Not even close.
Ours was just purely spontaneous and fun topped with (cute) blooper moments BUT despite of those “moments”, I would not (ever!) trade it for anything expensive in the universe. Those few precious minutes were just priceless and could never be equal to the diamond ring being slipped onto my finger.
That windy sunset with its golden rays peeking through the clouds and waves drifting beneath the wharf shall be kept fresh on a vacuum tight compartment in our now united hearts and shall be later re-lived in time we re-tell this funny story to our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

***


No comments: