Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Vintage Collection -- Finally!

All these years I've been wanting to collect something vintage and many things came to mind. 

A candelabra? 
Some of them are too "draculaish" and scary, so no. 
  
Old bottles? 
Way too rare and expensive, scratch that.


Antique Dolls?
What if "Chukie" does exist? Nevermind.

Old Tin Cans?
Didn't work out.

Books? 
I've had storage problems thrice, so I'll give this a pass. 


Figurines?
The old ones looked like they're just pretending to be inanimate and sneak out in the middle of the night and watch you sleep every full moon or holloween and again, what if  "Chuckie" is true? -- I'm not taking any chances. NO.

...and finally (which is right under my nose all this time as I grew up with Pyrex wares) this: 




vintage Pyrex and Corelle coordinates. Yes! These will be it.  In fact, these lovely darlings are the very first items on my collection. I got them yesterday (thank you craigslist!).  The pattern is called Crazy Daisy/Spring Blossom from 1970. 

Perfectly fits me well. My love for cooking, my favorite place in the house is the kitchen and most of all, I'd rather be on a flea market than be in a mall where everything is new, artificial and really expensive. 

I love good old stuff. So why not? 

2 comments:

PBF Collection said...

Nice collection Fran. Love it! ;) ♥

FRAN said...

Thanks nang! and thanks for helping me out too! =D