Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wedding Posts: “The Day” September 18, 2010.




5:00am
L'Fisher Hotel
I heard a soft knock – or it was a doorbell, was it? can't remember, I was really sleepy that I dozed back to slumberland. I heard the knock/doorbell again. This is it! It’s our big day. Half asleep I trudged towards the door and opened it, as expected the wedding people. “Staff kami ni Tipay” they politely introduced themselves and so I let them in. This is really it!
Soon enough, Gernie the entourage make-up artist was in the room as well. Omg this is soooo it! I went to my Groom next door, guess what?! He was still asleep, as in snoring asleep! So I woke him up and dragged him for breakfast at the hotel resto (the breakfast buffet wasn't so good btw!). That was the last time we spoke and looked into our just-woke-and-still-want-some-more-sleep faces that morning. I could barely recall the turn of events, the next thing I know, Julius Dinorog was already air-brushing my face. All was running smoothly and everyone was having fun prepping up, then my coordinator's staff assigned to us asked me (in the middle of my make-up!) if where were the bridal car flowers? As I was to provide them. Bang! Le angry bride strike 1 (after 12 months)! So I asked my sis to hand me the contract and read it aloud in front of everyone -- The contract clearly states bla-bla-bla....geeezzz! *i heard excuses*

Anyways, she realized her innocent mistake, she was probably not oriented well by her boss - poor thing. The chitty-chats and whatevers continued. Next thing I know, my pretty bridesmaids were all dressed and they all looked gorgeous. Lito (Lito Inso Photography) and Alvin (Mayad Studios) were taking their turns in directing our poses. Till it was time to leave for the church.
Wait! What about my vows?! Omg my vows!
I have been finding my “me time” to write my vows since we arrived in Bacolod but I had no luck! It’s either me and ‘le fiancé had to be somewhere else or my moody writing mind won’t just cooperate. I remembered I grabbed my pen and mini planner while I was having my make-up with Julius but it’s just impossible to concentrate.
Here we are leaving the room and approaching the Hotel lobby. ‘Le angry bride had a strike 2 and thankfully the last! 'cause I hate getting angry at people. There was only one staff to attend to about 10 people left in the hotel and she seem to not know what to do. Anyway, like I always say, there is no perfect wedding, so whatever!

The moment I saw that it was a bright-sunshiny Saturday just as I have always imagined my wedding day would be, my chest started hammering! Omg! Omg! Omg! And a thousand more of Omg’s.
I thought when Eric proposed, it was going to be the most nervous moment in my life. Well, I was right it was just BY FAR coz the moment I stepped out of L’fisher Hotel, I felt there were excavation, piling and demolition works taking place inside my chest all the same time. I was nervously excited to describe it in two words. I was even distracting myself as tears might come out any minute. I hate crying too by the way.


Wow! This brings back the feeling, man!
*deep breath*.
...off to the church.
Anyway, my parents were talking about something while I grabbed my pen and mini planner and started writing. I have no idea how long was the drive from the hotel to the church but I finished it just a few kilometres away, near enough that I could see the cross from afar. My chest starts hammering again like I wanted to get married in private and don’t want everyone to see me cry. A tiny lump starts growing my throat the moment our car entered the church’s driveway and again a thousand – no, this time a gajillion of omg’s!
My parents finally alighted the car to greet the guests and I was left there alone, I tried reviewing my *sigh* cheesy vow intro but I could no longer get my mind to work. All of a sudden the car door opened, it was Julius D. My make-up artist. I tried to casually talk to them and jokingly sang with the weird music that’s playing in the car just to ease the—my tension out.
*Retouches’, laughter, jokes* *Retouches’, laughter, jokes**Retouches’, laughter, jokes*...
Finally, my biggest and the “many(est)” OMGs of all time! The car door opened and Tipay my coordinator and these guys were helping me get out of the car. I feel like a piece of ornamental vase wrapped with lots and lots of butter paper and styro chunks, thank God for my wedding flats it somehow eased out my nervousness!
10:00am
Triumph of the Holy Cross Church
*wedding march*
All were finally settled and me, I am yet to march. Suddenly all eyes are on me *gajillion omgs* I smiled, smiled bigger and smiled a lot while I began marching- slowly slowly. Do not cry!
I saw my parents waiting for me in the middle of the aisle. And so this is really it! -- no tears.
*Bridal march*
Until time for my parents to give me away, *Hugs & kisses* more *Hugs & kisses* finally, I’m on my boyfriend’s arm and spent our last minutes together.

The wedding went really smooth and it was full of laughter with Fr. Mitch’s funny but true sermon. Finally "I Do’s" have been exchanged and Ring’s have been slipped onto each other’s ring fingers. Now time to kiss the bride. No wait! What about the vows. Eric silently told Fr. Mitch, that the exchanges of vows have been skipped. uh-oh!
*Whispers between the the three of us: me, Eric & Fr. Mitch.*
And so the vows we’re said..Eric first.
Need I say more? It wall all captured on Mayad’s SDE. One revelation though, I cried a bit (hehe!) lucky it wasn’t so obvious. So my big smile and laughter still prevailed.
...and so he kissed his bride. *pictorials* more *pictorials and finally off to the reception.*
12:00noon
La Proa Ballroom-main, L'Fisher Hotel
Awesome on-the-spot dance with our awesome ento and my beloved cousins! (thank you paks!),
Programme, lunch, more pictorials and videos followed. Then the remarkable speeches from 5 special people the literally Best man on the planet Mike Logarta, my Father, Manong Bong, Tita Telit and Arch. Aguillon one of our special ninongs.
More greetings, hugs, kisses, handshakes and laughter! Man, that day was just heartfelt...
One of the most awaited parts of every wedding are the video/photo presentation. It was outstanding! *clap* *clap* *clap* Call it bragging but our wedding SDE was one of the best wedding vid by Mayad Studios I have seen. One special moment that kept repeating in my head was when the Mayad Studios logo appeared at the end of the video it was felt strangely familiar like I’m finally looking into Mariah Carey performing live -- too bad I missed her concert at the F1.
As all this time, I would just see Mayad’s name on other people’s wedding vid and now our wedding vid is has the Mayad logo at the end! DAMN!!!! Unbelievable!
The AVP too! Ohhh yes the AVP. I heard cheers, laughter while it was playing and a slight embarrassment as well with my photos back then until it flashed in slow-mo...
You don’t marry someone you can live
You marry someone you can live without
The first photo flashed and the "Ohhhhhhhhs" and "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhs" were non-stop, everyone applauded at the end of the slideshow. Again, it all felt surreal as we are actually looking at Lito Inso’s god-like shots with us on it! DAMN!!!
Geezz! I just could not get over that day. Now here we are, living happily on our ever after, forever and always!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

looking at the photos for now. will read the whole of the blog after lunch break. but just to say this before i forget. diin na ang mga wedding photos???huhuhuwaaaahhhh.....gusto ko na gid makita!

FRAN said...

huh, ara sa fb nang...check mine and eric's wedding album...ara lng to :)