Monday, June 13, 2011

Booked: Committed.

(Eat. Pray. Love Part 2)


I was finally able to groom (aka plastic cover) my new book last weekend. It's been squatting on my bureau for 4 weeks now and haven't been removed from its bag since.


 (I love the smell of books by the way. Preferably the old-tanned-paged ones. It makes me feel like a reader full of wisdom. Sadly I am just a reader.) 

So I had my "me-time" with its fresh-off-the-shelf smelling pages this morning on my way to work and continued on my way home. Guess what, my (supposedly) slow reading has brought me to a quarter of its inch-and-a-half thickness with about size 8 fonts. 


What I thought was going to be a month-long reunion with Liz Gilbert might quickly end up for about 3-4 days (some good things just doesn't last, do they? what an unjust life huh?). Anyway, the first 2 chapters are quite wordy—I’m still digesting whether it is “wordy good” or bad kinda wordy. I don’t know but I am hooked so this must be something. 


As the “ordeal” Liz and Felipe got into was Romeo & Juliet-like, only the Capulets were the Homeland Security and the Montagues were the Australian government but no feuding is involved. This time Liz's and Felipe's destination is Vietnam and Thailand (finally Liz and I had a common ground. Yey!) and the rest of Southeast Asia except Philippines. Anyway, I won’t say much except – just go grab a copy!

This obviously isn’t a book review. This is just me “booked”.

2 comments:

CAT said...

what is it with the smell of new books that we really love??? and i love the smell of old books too...AND we can stay inside a bookstore for hours and i bet we can manage to live inside a bookstore. haha!

FRAN said...

hence i loathe e-books hehe!