Monday, October 18, 2010

Wedding Posts: A month later.


31 days ago since our wedding...(click the image above -- that's the front cover of our wedding website).


As the cliché goes, “Time flies so fast” (in fact, the whole statement itself is the mother of all clichés), yeah sue me now! But undeniably and ironically, time is the most selfish (and generous) thing in this world and even in galaxies far far away. *wink*

Months and months ago, I and my then fiancé were keeping our weekends busy, besides the normal routine, laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping sat-sun. For a year, we have squeezed-in new tasks on our to do list: clipping inspirations from stacks and stacks of bridal magazines we bought everywhere. Browsing useful wedding websites, making choppy long distance calls back home and deciding if which vendor isn't ink-worthy hence it remains on the shortlist, until we have decided and contacted a few great and talented people for their great wedding stuff! (eeeheem!! you guys know who you are, it was such a privilege!). It was like a "whirlwindy" rollercoaster ride, one minute you have a lot of things in mind then next thing you know it is all over!
(As in worry-free over! Proud to say that when we woke up the day after our wedding, our only worry is what to do with our 3 week vacation as our supposedly post wedding sabbatical for a week in Beijing was cancelled. No loans and no over-budget to worry about! Most of all, none of our parents spent a single cent for the wedding!)
...and so It Happened on September 18, 2010.
Indeed! Our wedding was -- I'd say memorably heartfelt and intimate. Not to mention, the creative minds who worked with us was just overflowing with outstanding skills -- what can we say. Nothing! Hence, not only was the fun double but everyone had a blast and they couldn't get over the event – as this new song by Diana Vickers goes: our wedding was “♫♪stuck like glue♫♪” on everyone’s hearts.
The best part of it all, was when our families and friends were all gathered inside one church, putting aside their individual beliefs. They all prayed, laughed and shared the same faith as Christians with us on that day. This is by far the most touching and overwhelming part of our wedding day. The support, love and most all the blessings of those who spent their entire Saturday with us. It was just a day to be cherished...sooo meaningful.
...we are now husband and wife.
Marriage isn't going to be a 100% smooth ride but it felt great and reassuring to know that someone will constantly hold your hand, wipe your tears or cry with you and will whisper things like “Don’t worry”, ”I’m here”, “I forgive you”, “I’m sorry” when the road gets all bumpy, dusty and hazy.
...and as I have vowed to my husband 31 days ago, I will hold on to my vows and will keep on reminding myself whenever a rough road is up ahead.


(“I may not be a princess on a fairy tale book but I am in our story – our love story and I thank God for the prince charming who is standing in front of me right now.)
"....From this day forth, I will be your missing piece of the puzzle. I Will be the first one to be there for you whether you are happy of you are upset, I will be the warmth you seek for at the end of the day when everyone seems cold, I will be the #1 critic (and fan!) of your matte paintings, beginning now, (counting the imperfections) things will be perfect, just as God had planned our lives, Forever and Always. Palangga-on ta gid ka!”
Happy Monthsary Husband! Palanggaon ta gid ka!

No comments: