Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Trail Tale....


I updated my tripadvisor account and this is by far my "trudging" stats:




 
   

         
  1. Bohol Island, Philippines

  2.      
  3. Ayutthaya, Thailand

  4.      
  5. Hanoi, Vietnam

  6.    

 







I travel because of the childhood nostalgia it gives me. The hot summers, the sore, aching and blistery sunburns, the aqua blue-green-brown-white pallet of the beach, the dusty and bumpy dirt roads of Negros and the foggy mornings of the highlands.

Though, eventually the nostalgia has evolved into the thrill of seeing new places and the exclusivity it has which sets it apart from other towns and countries I have seen. There's just more to  what can pictures capture.  The mystery of it -- I guess? 

Hence I make it a point that I take my time to drop the camera and just savor what's in front of me without snapping a shot. I linger at the positive conundrum of the moment which obviously need not be answered. What's right behind that limestone formation or where will the dolphins appear or is there a trail to follow? or how hot really is the desert, once I stepped out of the Airport?

68 cities and 9 countries. Maybe a little too few for some, quite a lot for the others. As for me, that's why I termed this  "trudging" as I take it one step at a time.  Before you know it you are somewhere you aren't expecting you'll be at. As long as its clear to you why you're doing what you're doing.


I mean, I wasn't expecting to come and live in North America before this year ends...surprise surprise!


   


No comments: