Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Grimmerie


About a year ago, after my board exam, I rewarded myself with a long rest and book to free my mind from all the 3-month "academic" reading (and memorizing). So I got me Wicked by Gregory Mcguire. I was Suppose to actually buy "Confessions of the Ugly Step-Sister" unfortunately, Powerbooks ran out of stock and on the shelf, I only have to choose between Mirror Mirror, Wicked and Lost.
Since Wicked was the only marked with "The New York Times Bestseller" and when I read all three synopses, Wicked got my attention. ..and so there it was, I found myself half-deciding between Gregory Mcguire and Ayn Rand (The Fountainhead) which I ended up buying both books.
When I got back to work (MSA) Anne A-the ever broadway fanatic, showed me a youtube vid. On it was a witch with green skin. ELPHABA! I thought. then Anne was, saying something about the broadway, so on and so forth, I didn't really catch what she was saying, coz I was paying full attention to the video. Suddenly it hit me. WICKED HAS BROADWAY!
When I was back on my thoughts Anne was still talking to Ditto (I miss you papu..muah!), about Taye Diggs and etc etc. Although that time, I was still hooked with few reward-books for myself so I didn't bother looking up Wicked over the net..UNTIL...
About a couple months ago, I reread wicked again (yeah I brought the book with me, psycho!). Then I was reminded of the Broadway! So,  I bugged 'le boyfriend to find me the OST in every corner of the web (oh! he's really good in finding stuff over the net!). Viola! he got me the OST (just like that! I know!), and It's been my "recently Played" list on my iPOD for weeks (up to now) and as well as on my machine at home (guess what! it's what I'm listening to while writing this entry).
Anyway, sadly IF ever I get the chance to watch the Musical I will no longer see Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, all the casting has already been changed YEARS AGO (such a late bloomer, aren't I?) . I'm just crossing my fingers that they will be playing the roles in the movie...YES! Universal Pictures is working on producing the movie.

Wicked!!!

No comments: