Thursday, March 4, 2010

Recollection :: Off the top of my head::


The pressure is on! It has always been on.

If I may say, I consider pressure as human being's greatest stalker. From the simplest decision making as to what coffee and donuts to order while on a long queue, up to opening that piece of envelope with your billing statement on it. While you are on a plane, you are definitely under a huge pressure -- literally! and so many other negligible things that is unknowingly contributing pressure.


Where I am now (geographically), pressure has been a part of its culture. Everyone is not an exemption. Locals, expats like me, and even one who is as young as a pre-school kid, goes through it, in school and most sadly at home.

This reminds me of what I witnessed one Friday ago while I was lounging at the pool, I overheard and saw one of our neighbors whose unit was nearby the pool. He was tutoring (or should I say torturing) his kid like Hitler. He was yelling and screaming because his son couldn't give him an answer on some Arithmetic questions. Poor kid, he was in total tears while guessing the answers. Of course, how could the poor thing focus and give his "tutor" the right answer when, he is being yelled and screamed at and being embarrassed by his dad.

They where at the living room and their glass door was wide open where anyone who is nearby could hear the tormenting treatment he is getting from his dad -- HIS DAD. Most of all it was a Friday!


On one of my conversations with my boss, he mentioned, quite a few times, "the system is not very forgiving so there is no room for errors"
. Wow! does the system say that kids must study and must not be given some slack on a Friday night? I guess it does...I just don't get it though.

Everything here is almost perfect but ironically their imperfections are just way too obvious. No rooms for questions and clarifications otherwise you'll be reciprocated with sarcasm or worse, you'll be screamed at. No room for explaining, otherwise, you'll be cut-off mid-sentence.

No room for forgiveness as they do not know how to.

No comments: