Monday, February 9, 2009

My 30 Cents....

 

As I was ending my day I was able to do a good deed! (halo shining, ting! *wink*wink*).  I was queuing for my regular after-work waffle treat with my colleague Al. There was a little boy about 7 - 8 years old, who was queuing before me. He bought a $1.50 Peanut waffle but he is short of 30 cents. He said he thought the one he want was $1.20. 

Okay, if you are curious if they we're speaking in chinese, well they are actually and no! up until now, I still don't know how to speak chinese except for words like "tapaw" - take out/take-away. and that's it! 

Anyway, I kind of decipher what was going on when the little guy and and waffle dude we're referring to the price posted in front of the stall. I thought waffle dude will just let little guy pass, but well, waffle dude really means business. So there I was, asking waffle dude, how much does little guy need to get the peanut waffle and there you go I gave waffle dude my 30cents! 30 cents, to give the little boy his peanut waffle, topped with a really huge smile with a free and sincere gratitude.

Who says you can't buy happiness, in fact it's not even expensive. It feels really great today doing little things that meant so much to others.  

No comments: