Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas and have A Cool Yule!!!


It's that time of the year again! I can imagine all those excited faces and festive mood going here and there as early as September. Yeah, for sure since the "BER" month stepped in, Megamall, Galleria, Greenhills (Oh! who wouldn't want to miss the night market and the TIANGGE!) has probably been jam-packed with shoppers who either REALLY shop, or for some who just wants to snoop around and if they're lucky, they could buy whatever-it-is they saw "ON SALE" during the payday.


Surprisingly, although not as early as September but when the red and green month took over the calendar, Singaporeans have been busy with their Christmas shopping too! Yeah, for a Non-Christian dominated nation, it is indeed surprising. There's been sale everywhere. From clothing, furniture, fragrance, electronics, etc! And when it's on sale IT IS ON SALE! much much better than Pinas! I mean, we really didn't want to buy anything that day but we found ourselves, making an impulsive purchase of a rice cooker all because there's a FREE all-in-one Epson Printer (scanner and copier too!) that comes with it.             Rice cooker with FREE printer!!! offer is good while supplies last...  

good deal isn't it?! argh!


BUT STILL, I wouldn't switch the Pinoy Christmas spirit for any items on sale in every corner of Singapore. I just remembered when I went home last October, the minute I stepped in the van (going to terminal 2 for my Bacolod flight) the song "Iba talaga ang pasko sa Pinas" suddenly played (as early as October!), as if it's been cued all along until I boarded the vehicle. 

Anyway, I would rather just sit in front of this monitor and movie marathon the night away while sipping on my only immunity to alcohol (yeah, we got us a Chilean Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc)...not so fancy, I know but what the heck! right? it's the "what are we celebrating for" that counts and person next to you is what matters. Yeah, my present for 'le boyfriend is all prepped up, can't wait for tomorrow!                                                                                              



Of course, we will be chatting with mine and 'le boyfriend's family over Yahoo Messenger. sort of a virtual celebration...anyway, this is by far the simplest Christmas I've had. Nevertheless, I'm still blessed all throughout the year and that's something I should be toasting for tomorrow. 

Cheers to everyone!!! and Happy Yuletide!

No comments: